If this year is the year that you’ve decided to take a long family vacation and are spilt for choices and can’t make up your mind , let us try and suggest a few tourist destinations that you can consider . The list has been drawn out in a random order.
- Tokyo, Japan – Tokyo, the world’s most populous metropolis is an amalgamation of true Japanese ethos. From the ultra modern robot restaurants to the serene meiji Shinto shrine , Tokyo is really a pleasure for any tourist .The sprawling Imperial Palace and the legendary Tsukiji Fish market are definitely on all tourist’s list.
- Rome, Italy – ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day” and a lifetime is not enough to be able to admire all the wondrous spots of this truly iconic, historical city. Beautiful ancient gothic sculptures rub shoulders with wide boulevards and modern museums and cafes. The Vatican, The Coliseum and the Pantheon are amazing and iconic.
- . Varanasi, India – Known as the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, Varanasi is a riot of colour, vibrancy and unrelentingly chaotic places in the world. Situated on the banks of the mighty river Ganga, this is a spiritualist’s paradise. Multiple Ghats and Temples are visited by millions of tourists each year
- Orlando Florida – Orlando, the Theme Park capital of the world is the epitome of human endeavour and effort. Drawing more than 60 million tourists an year, it is one of the busiest tourist centres of the modern world. The Walt Disney World Resort is magnificent and a must visit.
- Bagan, Myanmar – One of Myanmar’s main attractions, the city of Bagan is known for its archaeological area where over 2000 Buddhist monuments are visible over the plains. The beautiful Ananda Temple, built in 1091 is truly iconic. Buddhist historians and tourists from all over the world come regularly to Bagan to marvel upon its heritage and history.
6.Niagara Falls – Ontario, Canada –Niagara Falls are by far the most famous waterfall in the world , so big that it actually has two of the world’s biggest countries on either side of it . The Maid of the mist is a must go.
- The Great Barrier Reef, Australia – One of the wonders of the natural world, the Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef system and is visible even from the space! It stretches for over 2300 km and is located in the Coral Sea, off the coast of Queensland. It is a must visit tourist destination for all tourists interested in nature.
- Beijing, China – As a city that is 3000 years old, Beijing, the capital of the most populous country in the world, has a power to surprise the tourist with its variance, charm and beauty and is an example of the great transformation of China and its society. The Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and the awe inspiring Great Wall of China are truly iconic World Landmarks.
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. – Known as the “Sin City’, Las Vegas is famed the world over for its giant casinos, 24 hr. Entertainment options and the iconic dancing fountains. The epitome of human ingenuity, the city is visited by millions of tourists each year
- New York, USA – New York is arguably the most powerful urban centers of the world today, be it finance, fashion, art or culture, New York ranks among the beat in the world. The Empire State Building, The Big Apple, Manhattan doesn’t need any introduction.
- Barcelona, Spain – One of the world’s most beautiful cities, Barcelona is a true epitome of Spanish ingenuity and enterprise and among the most visited cities in Europe. The beautiful Sagrada Familia church and the world famous La Rambla street is most visited attractions
- Ankor Wat, Cambodia – Built in the 12th century, the awe inspiring Angkor Wat is the world’s largest religious monument and took 30 years to make. Millions of tourist visits Angkor Wat for its genius architecture and stunning detaining. Lonely Planet voted Angkor Wat as the world’s number one sight
- Goa, India: Steeped in Colonial Portuguese culture and boasting of some of the best beaches in the world, once a hippie’s paradise, Goa is one of the most beautiful beach cities of India. The Basilica of Bom Jesus, the Dona Paula and the Miramar are among the most visited attractions.
Marrakesh, Morocco- Dating back to the medieval Berber empire, Marrakesh has a confluence of European, Arabic and African cultures which is breathtakingly beautiful and is home to beautiful palaces, souks and gardens. The most visited attractions are Jema el fnaa, majorelle garden and Bahia Palace.
- Havana, Cuba – Havana, the colourful and eclectic, a little mysterious capital of Cuba is among the richest cultural centres of the world. With a rich and varied colonial past and fascinating heritage, Havana is one of the most intriguing places in each and every tourist’s itinerary. The presidential palace is grand and the town square historic and alive.
- Jerusalem, Israel-Jerusalem is a mosaic of culturally and religiously diverse people. One of the holiest cities in the world, it has one of the longest uninterrupted history of continuous habitation. The holocaust memorial ,Yad Vashem is quite popular.
- Athens, Greece-Athens is one of the most historically important cities of the world with a civilization of 4000 years. Full of ancient landmarks and exhilarating nightlife, Athens is as diverse as it is old. The best visited spots are the Acropolis and the Parthenon.
- Lisbon, Portugal –Lisbon, the capital of the once mighty Portuguese empire is a beautifully preserved European mega city. Charming, colourful and multicultural, Lisbon is almost like a fairytale city, complete with castle and cobbled roads. The most visited sights are the Sao Jorge castle and the Belem tower.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands- Widely believed to be one of the most liberal and inclusive cities in the world, Amsterdam is well known for its beautiful canal system and its rich 17th century heritage. The Van Gogh museum and the Red Light district are quite popular with tourists.
- Jaipur, India- Known as the Pink City of India and an unmissable part of the tourist triangle of India, Jaipur is colourful, grand and opulent. The City Palace and the Hawa Mahal are most popular.
21.Copenhagen, Denmark – The capital of Denmark, the beautiful capital city of Copenhagen is among the most liberal and naturally beautiful cities in the world. The most visited sites are Tivoli Gardens and the iconic Little Mermaid.
- Santorini, Greece-The multicoloured cliffs of Santorini are beautiful and unique and the bright blue roofs on layered mountains a sight to behold. The most visited sights are Therasia , the hot spring.
- Zanzibar, Tanzania- The beautiful palm fringed beaches, aromatic spice markets and exotic beaches make Zanzibar the most sought after destination in the whole of Africa and offers a different kind of vacation experience. The most visited attraction is the Pemba Island
24.Anchorage, Alaska, USA – Pristine and Snow Covered, Alaska is a nature lover’s dream. Known for its cultural sites like the Alaskan native heritage centre, the city is just some minutes drive to some of the great mountains and wilderness. The Alaska Zoo and the Naval Museum are quite popular with tourists.
- Edinburgh, Scotland- One of the most historically rich cities in the world, Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and has incredible coastline and beautiful colonial era well maintained buildings. The most iconic attractions are the Edinburgh Castle and the Scottish National Gallery.