When talking about history, India is definitely rich on that. India is a one-stop destination if you are quite interested about history and jaw-dropping sceneries. When the topic is all about breathtaking historical spots, India surely has a lot of them. Let us view some of those places.
Most Popular historical places in India – Heritage Travel in India
Delhi reflects the rich heritage of the past and the impressive development of modern times. Furthermore, Agra is famous for its marble souvenirs and ancient legacy. The unbelievable sight of wonderful and flamboyant construction of the fortifications in combination with the ironic custom of skill and culture are the chief magnetism of the trip. This tour shelters two most stunning cities of the nation that are well known for history as well as classic magnificence.
- How to reach? Delhi and Agra are well connected by air, railways and roads with all major cities across India. The New Delhi Railway Station, positioned amid Ajmeri Gate and Paharganj is the foremost railway station in Delhi. After enjoying travelling in and around the capital city, you can plan to move to Agra. The flight from Delhi to Agra is less than an hour long. Kheria airport is 13 kilometers away from Agra city.
- Best time to go? Considering the climatic conditions of the place, I would suggest you to visit during the time of October-March.
India’s third largest metropolitan city, Kolkata gathers influences from different eras. It’s got unforgettable photographic views and historical locations. They can be unexpectedly quiet and serene at times. A traveler with an interest in visualizing the history of the freedom struggle in Bengal, experiencing the flavor of the times when British ruled Kolkata, the capital of India from 1772-1911, will find the place most intriguing.
- How to reach? The airport in Kolkata is situated at Dumdum. The city has two major railway stations one at Howrah and the other one at Sealdah. The Esplanade Terminus in the heart of the city is the main bus terminus.
- Best time to go? December and January months are the supreme.
Lucknow boosts of many social, cultural and musical heritages. The music and literature is the main draw of the place. Apart from the cultural aspect, Lucknow also boosts many heritage buildings. Its history goes back a long way around three centuries back. The exquisite monuments that were built during the ancient times are still preserved for the present to see and cherish. The real fun is once you get into the Chowk and start exploring the narrow alleyways and bazaars.
- How to reach? Lucknow Railway Station at Charbagh is the main railway station and is the most convenient way to reach the city. Above and beyond, Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport is situated in Amausi in the city of Lucknow.
- Best time to go? October to March is ideal. At this time, you won’t have to encounter scorching heat of the sun.
Jodhpur is known for a number of historical monuments, palaces, citadels and shrines. Jodhpur is also known as the Sun City for the lively, sunny climate it relishes all-round the year. Now and then, it is also denoted to as the Blue City due to the azure dash of the whitewashed houses all over the place in Mehrangarh Fort. Visit the regal splendor of Jodhpur and you will come to experience the outdated long-gone way of life. Desire to experience more hue and life dispersed in Jodhpur? Dictum each shade of blue in the town, as virtually every house in the city is tinted in blue.
- How to reach? Jodhpur has its own domestic airport which is just 5 kilometers from the city Centre. Above, Jodhpur railhead is well connected by all Indian cities via Jodhpur Junction.
- Best time to go? October to March marks the season with pleasant climatic conditions.
You can see different architectures here which were built in the renaissance time. It is an ideal place for those tourists who love historical monuments. They are a clear symbol of the traditional and colorful heritage of Goa. They are the silent evidence of the Portuguese settlers who ruled this land. An interesting collection of paintings, drawings and sculptures in the museums here enthrall tourists. The age-old cultural legacy of this state is best preserved in Goa Museums which enthrall tourists during their Goa tour.
- How to reach? The main railway station is known as Madgaon and Vasco-da-gama. In addition, The Dabolim Airport lies just 29 kilometers from the state’s capital, Panjim.
- Best time to go? November to February would be ideal. The climate here is awesome during the time.
The innumerable temples and monuments in Pune stand as a testimony to its impression. With all the traditions and moral etiquettes from the past a unique culture has evolved in Pune that locals swear by. Formerly the capital of Maratha Empire, Pune is the city of mythical Maratha leader Shivaji and has the past of being the unconventional capital of British. While in the purlieu one must not miss the exciting places adjoining the central city.
- How to reach? Pune has its own airport located in the city which is well connected with Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore. Regular taxi and rickshaw service is also available from the airport.
- Best time to go? The temperature and other conditions are just perfect during September to March.
Pondicherry positioned on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal is known through the world. Its tangled allure of divine aura, French colonial legacy and Tamil ethos fascinates you. Here you can spot the multicultural flair of countless races. It was a former French colony. Many tourists prefer Pondicherry Tour to learn the art of living in its Aurobindo Ashram. A visit to this place marks to be a wonderful family vacation that may even spark some educational benefits for the children.
- How to reach? Air- Pondicherry has its own domestic airport;Railway- The closest railhead is at Chennai and Vilupuram; Road- Tourist can hire taxis or board buses from Chennai.
- Best time to go? You will relish the place in the months of October to February.
Thanjavur was the ancient capital of the Chola Kingdom. Thanjavur is also considered to be one of the foremost traditional head-quarters of the expanse. Tanjore is known as the Rice Bowl of Tamil Nadu and is a famous place for the visitors. It has several beautiful temples and Sri Brihadeshwara temple is a must-see attraction. Other attractions here are The Palace, Art Gallery and Saraswathi Mahal Library. This cultural city of South India is a land of art and architecture.
- How to reach? The nearest airport and railhead is at Trichy. Besides, Tanjore is well connected by road to other cities of Tamil Nadu.
- Best time to go? Temperature serves to be ideal during October to March
Hampi is located in the Hospet town in Bellary district in Karnataka. Hampi is a world famed heritage travel terminus and one of the 16 UNESCO recognized World Heritage Sites in the republic. It was once home to an ethnic efflorescence concerning sculptors, instrumentalists, musicians, and craftsperson. Growing from the ruins, this World Heritage Site never fails to leave tourists spell-bound. Hampi has been from the early eras, thoroughly linked with the events of Hindu mythology offering it the impression of a holy land.
- How to reach? Hospet, the nearest railway station to Hampi, is well connected by frequent trains. This place is your gateway to Hampi.
- Best time to go? You can visit the location between the months of March-May.
Ajanta and Ellora, Maharashtra
Ajanta and Ellora are rock cut cave shrines located near the city of Aurangabad in Maharashtra. The 34 caves at Ellora and the 29 caves at Ajanta are some of the most outstanding specimen Indian architectural heritage. These two mind blowing caves are world renowned for their cave shrine which has been cut from rock all by using hand. All the caves at Ajanta illustrate Buddhist beliefs; however, the caves at Ellora are a blend of Hindu, Buddhist and Jain values.
- How to reach? Aurangabad airport is conveniently located, while the nearest railhead is Aurangabad Junction. Aurangabad is only 100 km from Ajanta and 30 km from Ellora. You can hire a local taxi to reach the place.
- Best time to go? May to August months is supreme to adore the place.
These are just the perfect destinations for tourists looking to enjoy the richness of culture and heritage that India has to offer.