Eco-Tourism is derived from two words- Ecosystem and Tourism. India widely supports eco-tourism by precluding the environment and preserving its resources. The following places can provide a pleasant visit to you if you wish to take a breath away from the hasty city life and enjoy in midst of greenery.
Ecotourism destinations in India- Nature friendly tours India
Honey Hills – Thenmala Eco-Tourism, Kerala
Ecotourism and medical tourism are the fast developing tourism segments of Kerala. Thenmala or Honey Hills is the unique destination in Kerala. The destination is known for its ecotourism and beautiful landscapes which are not only comforting but also stimulating. Located about 72kms from Thiruvananthapuram, the Thenmala Eco-Tourism stocks its resources with the well-known Shenduruney Wildlife Sanctuary at the slopes of the Western Ghats.
- How to reach? Nearest railway station: Shenkottah, Nearest airport: Trivandrum International Airport
- Best time to go? Summers marks to be the ideal time.
Bandipur National Park, Karnataka
Bandipur National Park is one of the oldest parks in the Bandipur Wildlife Sanctuary. Situated in Karnataka, it is among the biggest wildlife reserves of India. It is a part of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve and is highly protected by the Indian Government. The place meets the requirements of eco places. Green lodges here support sustainability of environment using methods like energy reduction and water conservation. Water conservation helps in preserving natural habitats which serves as homes for beloved wildlife.
- How to reach? The nearest airport is Bangalore, and the nearest station is Mysore. Then take a road trip to the park.
- Best time to go? March to May
Goa traditional trip
Goa, also known as beach lover’s paradise, has got the fresh and sparkling water beaches to enthrall everyone. Besides, you can explore the traditional and ancient lushness in the place. The clear water beaches of Goa attract the visitors from all over the world. An abundance of birds can be found all over Goa and visitors will notice a few about town and in the various temple grounds. For seabirds, the Morjim beach is the recommended place to go.
- How to reach? Via railways, it is quite easy to reach Goa as the major railway stations in Goa are situated in Margao. The chief railway station is identified as Madgaon and Vasco-da-gama.
- Best time to go? All seasons are great seasons!
River rafting in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is a prevalent tourist destination. Exploring this destination provides ample opportunities to explore amazing mountain attractiveness and superb natural beauty. The place has tremendous scope for river rafting and other adventure sports. Eco rafting or ecological river rafting provides you with the opportunity of enjoying the wonderful combination of the ecological interpretation and scenic rafting in the midst of the verdant Himalayan landscape.
- How to reach? Jolly Grant airport at Dehradun is the nearest airport to Rishikesh. Besides, Rishikesh has a good network of buses connecting it with important places.
- Best time to go? The greatest time to visit Rishikesh for River Rafting is from September – to mid-November, and then from March to first week of May.
Sunderbans National Park, West Bengal
Sunderbans is one of the most alluring natural reserves in the entire world. You can achieve eco-tourism prospects in this striking destination without hindering the distinct flora and fauna of the region. Thus, you can spend a small sojourn in harmony with nature. Though Bengal Tiger is the flag ship species of this unique mangrove Forest, it also offers many other wonders of the nature to the visitors. There are two Nature Interpretation Centers located at Sajnekhali and Bhagabatpore, and one Eco museum at Sudarikati.
- How to reach? The adjoining railhead positioned near the Sunderbans National Park is Canning. Book a taxi after reaching there to travel to Sunderbans National Park.
- Best time to go? October to March
This is a biodiversity advert and the major brackish water lake in Asia. Furthermore, the largest lagoon along India’s east coast spreads over 1100 sqkm. A boat drive in this lagoon will get you amid the squeaks of oodles of migratory birds from Baikal, Siberia, South-east Asia, and Central Asia. Lakhs of migratory birds flock here during winter every year. Along with the migratory birds, more than a few species of local birds are also farsighted at Mangalajodi all through the year and a number of of them nest in the abode.
- How to reach? You can reach Bhubaneswar railway station via train. A two-hour journey from Bhubaneswar takes you to Chilika.
- Best time to go? During the winter months, from November to February.
Kaziranga National Park, Assam
Kaziranga National Park is an honored national park in the country. This dwindling zone of Assam has no scarcity of discrete flora and fauna. Long elephant grasslands, marshlands, and thick tropical moist forest generate an ideal atmosphere for the existence of the flora and fauna. You can love the attractiveness of the Greater One Horned Rhinoceros with its grand body and its magnetic horn; see masses of elephants and some most wonderful tuskers. In addition, if you are fortunate enough, you might as well come through a tiger.
- How to reach? You can reach Guwahati via train. After that you need to travel by road. Hiring a cab would be a suitable option.
- Best time to go? November to April is the best time.
Tiger travel in Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
A nearby attraction of Sawai Madhopur, in the state of Rajasthan, Ranthambore National Park is an outstanding example of Project Tiger’s efforts at conservation in the India. Ranthambore National Park in Rajasthan is famous for its Tigers and is a delight treat for the photographers. This place is a jewel for wildlife enthusiasts. You get a chance to explore the grand creatures in the barren. Thanks to the efforts of conservation workers and government incentives, you can explore eco-tourism at its peak.
- How to reach? Nearest airport is Sanganer Airport. You can hire cab or bus from Sanganer Airport to reach Ranthambore. Nearest railhead is Sawai Madhopur.
- Best time to go? October to end of June
Dudhwa National Park, Uttar Pradesh
Dudhwa National Park is home to a large number of endangered animal species such as the Rhino and the tiger. Dudhwa is one of the ironic bio-reserves in India. Numerous species of reptiles, mammals and birds are protected here. This offers immense prospects of eco tours. Scattering across an area of 811 sq. km witnessing the nature paramours with swamplands, plains and thick woods, the zone is really meant for marvelous sums of Swamp Deer and Tigers species. It is an idyllic habitation for the wild beings to discover nature’s tranquility & relief ability in a more accepted way.
- How to reach? The most suitable way would be to travel to Lucknow and then reach Dudhwa by road or train. You can travel to Lucknow via railways. Nearest railway station is Charbagh railway station.
- Best time to go? Between November and May.
Chhattisgarh – The tribal excursion
A tour to this place will take you to the backyards of tribal people. Chhattisgarh owns a wealth of earliest tribal cultures that continue to persist. There are grips of antique cultures that are untouched by modernism. The government has taken steps to reserve these as national assets. With so much of variety for eco-tourism, Chhattisgarh promises to be an ideal holiday destination for nature lovers, wildlife enthusiasts and also for those who want to discover the unique tribal life of the region.
- How to reach? Surely the finest way to get to Chhattisgarh from anywhere in India is by the massive network of Indian Railways. Raipur and Bilaspur are the two chief confluences that are on the ways of nonstop and passenger trains that joins the state to other portions of India.
- Best time to go? During the winter season. At that time, the weather is pleasant.
Eco Tourism is the greatest choice for the people who love Mother Nature and its splendor. Get to these places to identify what it means.