India is a vast country with varieties in tradition, culture, heritage as well as flora and fauna. It offers travelers numerous splendid tour destinations. India offers its explorers an exhilarating and exploratory experience. Best travel destinations to visit with families comprise following places.
Best places for traveling with family in India- Family friendly tours India
Goa is recognized as the Beach capital of India. Goa will provide you an atmosphere of recreation and inclination so that you can relish your holidays to the extreme. Goa itself has one of the worlds, best coastlines, sun-kissed beaches and tranquil surroundings. True to its name, Goa, the land of beaches, assures a vacation spent has to have a magnetic charm forever. Frequently recognized as – The Rome of the East, Goa was reined by a great number of Indian empires and dynasties starting the 4th century onwards.
- How to reach? Via railways, it is quite easy to reach Goa, as the major railway stations in Goa are Margao and Vasco Da Gama. After that, you can hire a pre-paid taxi to reach your preferred destination.
- Best time to go. Mid-November to Mid-February: The weather is also cool and a gentle breeze at this time.
Shimla is set in the mountains of Himachal Pradesh amidst the backdrop of the Himalayan range. The people, weather and everything about Shimla is so alluring, that one wants to go back repeatedly to just enjoy the calmness all around. Shimla also spelled as ‘Simla’ derives its name from goddess ‘Shayamla Devi’ that is another manifestation of Goddess Kali. The market, the atmosphere and the beautiful surroundings make this the perfect holiday for families and the elderly. Main magnetisms in Simla are Christ Church, Chadwick Falls, Chapslee, Annandale and St. Michael’s Cathedral and Kotesvara Temple.
- How to reach? The small railway station in Shimla is just 1 kilometer away from the center of the town. The famous toy train of Shimla goes between Kalka and Shimla.
- Best time to go. If you are looking for adventure in snow, winter is the weather to be there.
Hampi is a well-known hamlet, located in the Northern Karnataka state of India. Decorated with regal hills and valleys it lines more than 500 memorials. These are registered as Group of Monuments at Hampi, by UNESCO World Heritage Site. Hampi is a rustic village dotted with the mesmerizing ruins, which once belonged to the Vijayanagara Empire. Once home to an ethnic efflorescence linking sculptors, performers, musicians, and artificers who functioned together to interpret the supercilious vision of the Vijayanagar princes into lasting shrines.
- How to reach? The adjacent terminus from Hampi is Hospet that is at a distance of 13 km. Travelers can hire taxicab to reach the place restfully.
- Best time to go. March-May: The weather during this time stays pleasant.
Kolkata is a beautiful destination to spend a quality time with your family, friends or alone. People often get attracted with its unusual pace of life. The city offers some wonderful array of spots to enjoy. The city is not above drawbacks. It is known for sudden Bengali passion, emotion, cheerful chaos, censure of commerce and politics, adoration and admiration for ethos, reverence of intellectualism, and implementation of warm civilization so forth and so on. No wonder, it is called the City of Joy and a place for foodies. From Kolkata you could take a trip to Darjeeling and Gangtok.
- How to reach? Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is situated at Dumdum. This airport has good connectivity across major cities in India and abroad. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to your final destination.
- Best time to go. Just after the monsoon is over, the weather is pleasant and is a great time to visit Kolkata.
Pondicherry is a peaceful and picturesque tourist destination of south India. Pondicherry offers tranquil environment, traditional monuments and attractive beaches. An exceptional culture will leave you captivated. The ethos of Pondicherry is very interesting and lively. It is alternative expression with the philosophy of Portuguese, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. Epiphanize your life and mind as you let yourself free, sense the saline appearance of the beach and let the untouched waters take over your sanities.
- How to reach? The closest international airport is the Chennai Airport, which is approximately 135 kms away. The other airports close by are that of Trichy, Bangalore, and Madurai.
- Best time to go. October- February is the best time. It is during this time when the climate is comparatively cooler, also perfect for sightseeing, beach fun, and water sports.
Jaipur witnesses a lot of hilltop forts, imperial palaces and more of royalty. It ceaselessly catches the attention of travelers coming from different parts of the world. It is well known worldwide for its beautiful construction style, grand artifacts and an integral appeal of the gone by royal era. Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, is one of three conurbations all over India that are identified together as the Golden Triangle. Learning about the history of this vibrant and colorful city is a mesmerizing experience in itself.
- How to reach? Sanganer airport is the nearest airport to the city of Jaipur. Once you get down at the airport, hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the main city.
- Best time to go. October-March is the best season to visit Jaipur.
Cochin is cleaner and calmer than many other Indian tourist places. Actually, you could easily mistake the look and feel of the place for a small, European city. Located at the convergence of three mountain valleys, Munnar is one of the most enchanting hill stations in Kerala. You can access the fresh green vegetation, expansive tea plantation, calm atmosphere and cool breeze. The picturesque beauty all around makes this place a true heaven on earth.
- How to reach? All Kerala bound trains halt at any of the two stations in Cochin – Ernakulum Town Station and Ernakulum Junction Station. After that, you can take a taxi to reach the place.
- Best time to go. October-April would be ideal.
The islands in Andaman and Nicobar Islands are extremely beautiful and scenic and offer a secluded retreat. Andaman Islands are a paradise for adventure enthusiasts. You can try out all amazing activities including scuba diving, snorkeling or fishing. Travelers may obtain a permit of one month to stay in the Andaman Islands upon arrival either by air or by boat. The Andaman archipelago is a great destination to explore the underwater reef.
- How to reach? Andaman, being an island, is accessible in only two ways – By air or by sea. The Port Blair Airport is the main airport joining the domicile with rest of domain. Beyond, sea-lovers can book their tickets in one of the passenger vessels.
- Best time to go. You can entertain all amazing activities during October-May.
Jammu is the lovely city of temples. Sanctified by Mother Nature picturesque splendor it is located at the milieu of the snow-capped Pir Panjal Mountains. A beautiful and enchanting river called Tawi flows through the city. Overall, Jammu makes for an unforgettable holiday. This is also called the City of Temples, as there are many ancient temples and mosques located at this place. The most famous tourist attraction in the region is the sacred shrine of Vaishno Devi.
- How to reach? The Jammu-Tawi Station is well connected to all the major cities in the country. Once you reach the railway station, you can hire a taxi or a cab for commuting within the Jammu city.
- Best time to go. September-April marks to be the best season in Jammu. This is the ideal time to visit.
Coorg, a quaint hill station in Karnataka is well-known worldwide as a delightful weekend destination. This place is acclaimed everywhere for its green and natural surroundings which it offers to its tourists. Officially, it is called Kodagu and it has become the most affluent hill station as well. Madikeri is the headquarters of Coorg district, and has many attractions within the town, they are Omkareshwara temple, Raja seat, Gadige (raja’s tomb), and Madikeri fort, museum, Abbey falls, mallalli falls, irupu falls and many are located within the district.
- How to reach? The best way to reach Coorg is by an indirect flight. The nearest domestic airport is the Mangalore International Airport. Besides, KSRTC provide deluxe buses to Coorg, on a regular basis.
- Best time to go. June-September would be ideal to explore the delightful destination.
India expeditions offer tourists a chance to experience mesmerizing beauty to appreciate persistently. You can experience the striking backdrops and captivating glaciers, rivers and streams with family.