One Lifetime is not nearly enough to see even a small part of this beautiful planet we call home , We will still be audacious enough to try and enumerate some of the cities of the world that over the years have become more famous than others and have been able to catch the imagination of the tourist and the traveler alike . The list is in a random order.
- Venice, Italy: One of the most remarkable cities in Europe, Venice is a great cultural centre, the birth place of Marco Polo and Casanova along with other great painters and artist. Considered to be one of the most romantic cities of the world, the Venetian waterways are truly iconic.
- Istanbul, Turkey –Combining the histories and culture of both Europe and Asia, Istanbul reflects the influences of many empires that ruled there. A truly cosmopolitan centre Istanbul has something for everyone along with a huge wealth of historic and religious places. The Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Church of St Saviour in Chora are not to be missed
- Paris, France – The beautiful and iconic Paris is one of the most important centres of culture, fashion, commerce and art in the whole of the world and among the most visited places in the world. The Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral and the Louvre museum are iconic and not to be missed.
- Petra, Jordan- Petra, among the wonders of the world is a site of immense beauty, history and romance .The giant red mountains and vast mausoleums are true wonders of human effort. This vast, unique city is carved into sheer rock and is among the most amazing man made endeavors of the world
- . Isle of Skye, Scotland – The beautiful and rugged Isle of Skye has been occupied since the Mesolithic period and has been recently voted among the most beautiful islands in the world by national geographic. Among the many attractions of this island are the Lochalsh museum and the Eilean donan castle
- Machu Pichu – Peru – The ruins of Machu Pichu discovered in 1911 by archaeologist Hiram Bingham is among the most beautifully enigmatic historical sites in the world. The wondrous stone structures erected by the Incas turned this site into a small but extraordinary city .This site must be in the top destinations of all history lovers.
- Singapore, Singapore –The beautiful, diverse and incredibly multicultural (They have four official languages!)is a group of 63 islands is one of the world’s greenest cities .The Singapore Botanic Gardens , The China Town and the Sentosa island are unfishable .
- Mexico City, Mexico- One of the largest cities of the world, and the high altitude capital of Mexico, Mexico City is steeped in culture and heritage. The most visited attractions include The Metropolitan Cathedral, Plaza de la Constitucion and the Metropolitan Cathedral.
- Samarkand, Uzbekistan – Samarkand is among the most prominent and historical centres of Central Asia and for being a great centre of Islamic centre of scholarly study and are intriguing and interesting. The main centres of attraction are Regis tan Ensemble, Tilla Kari Medrese and the Ulugbek’s Observatory.
- Victoria, Canada – Victoria on the southern end of Vancouver Island is the capital of British Columbia and among the prettiest colonial cities in Canada. Having the mildest climate in Canada and is beautiful and colourful the year around. Ranked among the Top Ten Islands of the world, the stunning Craigdarroch Castle mansion and the beautiful Matheson lakes are must visit.
- Rio De Janeiro, Brazil – Rio is among the world’s most frequented tourist destinations in the world and the most visited city in southern hemisphere. This vibrant seaside city is pulsating with culture, history and sport. Among the many must visit sites at Rio, surfing at Prainha, the sheer magnitude of Christ the Redeemer’s statue and the Sugarloaf Mountain.
- St. Petersburg, Russia – Formerly known as Leningrad, the beautiful former capital of the mighty USSR, is among the most beautiful summer cities of the world .The cultural centre of the country, it boasts of the iconic tourist centres such as the Hermitage Museum, The world famous Marinsky opera Theatre and the palace square.
- Los Angeles, U.S.A. – There are plenty of reasons to love Los Angeles, one of the most historically iconic cities of the world. There are sandy beaches, the most vibrant nightlife, spectacular architecture and great amusement parks. All tourists must visit the world famous Hollywood, THE Getty Centre and the Rodeo Drive
- Gaborone, Botswana – Considered to be the greatest wildlife spectacle on Earth, Botswana is among the greatest Safari destinations in the world. Having more elephants than any other country and abundant wildlife, Botswana is a wildlife enthusiast’s paradise. This land of Okavango Delta and Kalahari Desert is among the world’s most exclusive destinations
- . Reykjavik, Iceland –Considered to be the World’s most Northerly capital, this city has creative and quirky people, wild nightlife and a throbbing spirit. With a backdrop of snow-capped mountains and gushing geysers, you will still be spoilt for the choice between magnificient palaces and and captivating art.Must visit sites are Hallgrimskirkja, the beautiful white church and the quirly and unique Iceland “Phallogical Museum”.
- Christchurch , New Zealand – Among the most beautiful cities in the world , Christchurch is the gateway to New Zealand’s south island .There are world class alpine resorts , river rafting , wind surfing , whale watch and internationally acclaimed wineries , all within a couple of hours from the International Airport.
17.. Cairo , Egypt –The Egyptians call this city “Umm ad Dunya” – The mother of the world , One of the most iconic cities of the world , one drive can have you gaping at the beautiful mosques, grand avenues and 19 th century iconic palaces . Not to mention the Pyramids of Giza
- Osaka, Japan –Osaka, dating back to the Asuka and Nara periods was the capital of Japan in brief periods and is a major historical and commercial centre of Japan. The Osaka Castle, Peace Osaka, a museum built to promote peace through displays of war and the Sumiyoshi Shrine are worth the visit
- Agra, India – Agra, the magnificent former Mughal centre of power lies on the river Yamuna and has multiple world heritage sights. Along with the stunning Taj Mahal, one of the wonders of the world, the Agra Fort, once the seat of administrative and military control of India and the mighty Fatehpur Sikri, the fascinating ghost city built in the 16 th century
- Hongkong, China- Hong Kong ,literally meaning “Fragrant Harbour “ in Cantonese is a former British colony and is a combination of European opulence with oriental charm . Studded with an envious skyline, it is famous for Ocean Park, The Hongkong Disneyland and the famous Hong Kong Maritime museum.
- Prague, Czech Republic – Prague is steeped in rich history and culture. The chilling reminders of the cold war exist hand in hand with the modern museums and monuments. While in Prague do visit the Prague Castle, Jewish Museum and the Grand St. Nicholas Church
- London, U.K – Among the most iconic of all the world’s cities, inhabited since the 2 nd millennia. The most important tourist attractions are the Big Ben, The Tower Bridge, The St. Paul’s Cathedral and the Buckingham Palace.
- Bangkok , Thailand – One of the most popular tourist places of the world , Bangkok is a city of diversity and contrast , whether it’s the modern and the traditional , affluent or the moderate, it is a pleasure for the senses. Visit The Grand Palace and the Wat Prakeaw, Wat Arun and the Bangkok Floating Markets for sure.
- Chicago, U.S.A –Chicago, The Windy City is along the shores of Lake Michigan and known for its vibrant art scene and cultural diversity. The Art Institute of Chicago, The Millennium Park, The Wrigley Field and the Museum of Science and Industry are not to be missed
Sydney, Australia – The first city in Australia to be settled by the Europeans, Sydney has numerous historical and cultural landmarks and heritage buildings. With 50,000 years of aboriginal history, it is also a city rich in multiple cultures. Visit the World Famous Sydney Opera House, The Le Perouse Museum and the Ku-Ring Gai Chase National Park while there